Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Even more Man your Man could smell like.



This is apparently the all old spice guy all the time channel this month, I assure you I will post my long gestating article on Tony the Tiger once I remember why I thought he would be funny to talk about.

But for now, even more of the old spice guy:



Also my friend John Nappi showed me this 20 minute interview with the writers of the orginal spot who explain all the clever ways the production staff used to do that whole ad in camera. I was shocked that him getting on the horse and the sets moving around were all does with wires and ingenuity, I assumed it was all really good CGI. I somehow find the commercial even more impressive now, which I didn't think was possible.
(The explanation of all the cool practical effects by the writers of the ad start about 7 minutes into the video. Don't be turned off by the fact that the interviewer act like your insane uncle Morty. Its mostly the ad guys talking about the ad after the 7 minute mark.)

No comments:

Post a Comment