Tuesday, March 20, 2012

yes!

as filmdrunk pointed out, this is a real ad which uses/rips off the style originated by that "powerthrist" parody video, but, its awesome so I don't care. Besides those time and eric produced old spiced ads with the muscle-y guy from "The Expendables" pretty much just ripped off power thirst as well, and everyone still seems to think Tim and Eric are funny.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player


Power Thirst:


One of the Tim and Eric produced old spice ads:


I get on a conceptual level why Tim and Eric are funny, but everything I have seen from them, included the  above ad seems like it puts being weird as a priority over actually being funny or entertaining, so I have to admit that unlike the rest of the internet, I'm not a fan of their style of humor. Though I'm glad we live in a world were adult swim allows comedians with a really niche style of humor to have shows.

(Tim and Eric video and idea that they were similar to "power thirst"was apparently planted in my head months back via WarmingGlow.

No comments:

Post a Comment