Saturday, February 4, 2012

The 1980's distilled into concentrate

I was trying to watch either filmed version of Sleuth (1972 or 2007) with Michael Caine, and discovered neither is on netflix's streaming. The films of Sir Caine they did have included one I had never heard of called "Blame it on Rio" which appears to be one of those sex comedies like "10" which seem to have only been made in the 80's.

You know the kind I'm talking about. They tended to play on HBO a lot in the 1990's since they had pretty big name actors in them but also boobs, which served to remind the viewer why HBO was worth the extra cash.

The Trailer for "Rio" pretty much epitomizes every 80's mid-brow comedy movie cliche:



Despite it looking very much paint-by-numbers, I'll still probably give the first 20 minutes or so of this a go, Look for an update here if I feel strongly about it one way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment